I’m Helen a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in Brighton, Hove and Henfield working in person, online and on the phone
The relationship between client and therapist is at the heart of therapy. It is important to find a therapist that is the right fit for you.
I am open minded and non-judgemental. I support clients to better understand themselves and their relationships, to cope with difficult thoughts, feelings and experiences.
At times I’ll challenge and encourage clients to take risks and, if they choose, to make changes. I consider therapy a collaborative process between therapist and client.
People come to therapy for a wide range of reasons and at different stages in their lives. I have experience of working with clients around relationship difficulties, including sexual, romantic relationships, relationships with parents, siblings and friends. Clients who have been impacted by addiction to alcohol, drugs or gambling themselves or their family members have come to me for therapeutic support. I am also skilled at working with clients struggling with anxiety, childhood trauma, life changing health conditions, depression, grief and low self-esteem.
No matter why you want to have therapy, I offer a unique, safe space and relationship so we can work together to find you healing and wholeness.
I am committed to ongoing professional development and continue my studies as a Transactional Analyst. I am registered as a trainee in advanced clinical training in psychotherapy with UKATA.
Qualifications & Training
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Transactional Analysis)
- Foundation in Jungian Analytical Psychology
- Training in Psychosynthesis
- Certificate in Counselling
- Motivational Interviewing
- MSc in Health Education and Promotion
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
- BSc (Hons) Economics and Politics
I am registered with
- the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- United Kingdom Association of Transactional Analysis (UKATA)